Monday, October 4, 2010

Gammy Bears

So as most of you know the world lost someone amazing this year. Gammy (Dora Friesen) was an angel to so many people and my life has felt empty since she traded her earthly wings for some everlasting ones. I needed a way to remember her so I created Gammy Bears! They are not all bears as you can see but Emma, my 5 year old said it sounded like gummy bears which are sweet, just like our Gammy that it just stuck. I love creating anything with my hands and I spent a few hours beside Gammy doing excatly that. The eyes are the buttons that I inherited from Gammy, so I feel good knowing there is a little of her love in each one.

2 comments:

  1. oh Sher - those are awesome....we miss Gammy tonnes too :) I'd like one of her hugs right now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the name is adorable! what a great reminder of her.

    ReplyDelete