Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Craft of the week

So with valentines day coming up I figured the craft this week SHOULD have something to do with it. Please forgive the pictures. It was my first attempt and took these myself.
Felt Fortune Cookies
Start off with a sheet(I used 8.5x11) of pink or red felt

Using anything you have around the house (Ziplock lids!), trace circles with a pen. Cut out the circles.

Cut strips from the leftover felt the length of the circles

Using any sort of heavy wire (I used straighten out paper clips!), hot glue them to the center of your circle.

Next, hot glue gun the "leftover strip" to the middle to hide the wire. You can do the wire and felt all at once to save time. (if you're wondering why I have three arms, my 3 year old, Leah was helping me...)

Fold in half...

Holding the felt in your thumb and index finger, bend the wire away from you

These are ones I made with different colors of felt. I put a little "sexy" fortune in each one like; "I see you getting lucky tonight" and put them in a bowls in our ensuit and bedroom. Hope you have lots of fun making these cute little "cookies" and putting your own "sexy" fortunes in!

1 comment: